Tuesday, January 29, 2013

On A New Mission

After my workout Sunday night, I realized that when it comes to pull ups, I am extremely weak. The only reason I knew was because I thought, well let me just try one. Pretty much, I was just hanging there, couldn't even figure out how to get up. So what did I decide to do? MAKE IT A GOAL! I don't know if giving myself a month is a lot of time or to little, but by the end of February, my goal is to do at least one pull up. I was given a strategy by a friend on how to work my back muscles and be able to get those pull ups on a roll.


Definitely took me a few tries to get it right. I had to adjust my feet, back, posture and my weight a few times. I knew I wasn't doing it right when I felt a little pain in my lower back. 


So, now that I'm a "pro" at bent over barbell rows, I am sure that within time, I will be a pro at pull ups. Don't be afraid to try new things. It's what keeps you strong and makes life entertaining. I can't strive enough about setting new goals. Don't let life get ahead of you! Keep at it! 


No comments:

Post a Comment