Friday, May 24, 2013

Three months??

First post in three months...wow! So much has happened. Last, I spoke of doing the paleo diet. It really helped me to get away from processed foods and really get me to pay more attention to labels. I was able to cut bread out of my diet, which was the toughest, but when my mind is set, it gets done. However, the other issue I was having and was getting sick from, was salt. I realized I needed to get rid of that, but was unable to do so when eating meat all of the time. 

When March came, I went back to the TIU Nutrition Plan, keeping all breads, pastas and salt out. I began adding more vegetables into my diet and no carbohydrates after 3pm. The changes were immediate. I was able to sleep at night without any stomach pains and it was easier for me to get up at 5am for my workouts. This is no longer a "diet", it's my lifestyle. I don't even have to think about my meals anymore or have a tough time shopping at the grocery store. It isn't even an issue when I go out to restaurants.

On top of my eating habits, I began changing up my workouts. More cardio, especially, running. Abs every day along with my daily routines. Each day is something different. Arms, back, legs, etc. I find the change keeps me entertained and more motivated. It also gives my muscles a time to rest, seeing how I am hitting the gym six days a week. Here and there, I may pull a twoaday. Hey, when you're ready to go, you're ready to go! 

TIU's Perfect Fit App is amazing! If you don't have it on your phone, I highly recommend it. You would've believe the changes you can see in pictures. Always be happy with how far you've come, not upset with how far you have to go. When you follow your progress, it'll push you even more! After taking a look back at my "progress" pictures, I got embarrassed thinking, I should be further along than I have been. After going to California last year, you'd think I'd be in top notch shape by now. But, everyone's body is different. We all hit those bumps in the road and sometimes it takes a little extra push from others or even from yourself to motivate you to keep going and to push harder.

March was when I began keeping up with pictures through my journey. I started picking areas I'd want to focus and work on. First was my stomach. I have had this pooch for so long now and have always been so self-conscious about that area. 

My sisters wedding was coming up in May and I refused to be the "fat girl" in the wedding. I was a TIU bridesmaid. I knew it would be the time to see all of my family after so long and to motivate me even more, I purchased my dress a size smaller. A size 4. 

Did I fit in it? YES! I am starting to see abs and my pooch is about gone.

My sister even changed my nickname from BB (Big Booty) to MB (Medium Booty). She saw me while I was changing and said it's withering away. Haha! I don't know about all that, but I'd say, it's a tad bit smaller.

Don't be afraid of change! Take those pictures. You'll be glad you did! When you think you haven't gotten far or haven't made the changes you've wanted to, look back. Try on something you haven't tried on in so long. Find a friend, a family member, a motivator, a sister in the community. We are so hard on ourselves sometimes and it's nice to have that support from others to get us to smile.

2 comments:

  1. YAY! I'm so glad you're blogging again. Mostly because you are my main inspiration at the moment! To be honest, I even checked your blog earlier today when I was looking for inspiration! Your consistency, dedication and positive attitude are amazing. Please keep blogging and do a post on a day in the life of Holli so can I steal workout and meal ideas :) Stay beautiful X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Holli for being so inspiring! Your progress pictures are amazing and you look great in that bikini! Some days you feel like you are getting no where but you need to keep on going! That is how I have felt this week but I know I need to keep on pushing because it will be worth it! xx

    ReplyDelete