Friday, June 28, 2013

Bikini Series Entry 2012

Some of you are wondering, "Do I have to have a video?" NO!!!! I wrote my entry last year. I won last year solely on my encouragement for others and for being so positive. Motivate yourself by motivating others...at least, that's how I do it. You never know who you're inspiring. 
It's not to late to enter your story. Yes, I changed more this year physically, versus last year where I gained so much more mentally and emotionally. I did not enter in the bikini series this time around, however, I did partner up with Samantha and teamed up with Georgie and Elle. I consider this whole team as my partner. Just wanted to give my support to all you ladies. So many inspiring women!

It's so crazy to read it a year later after all I have gone through since. Here is my entry from the bikini series 2012 that I was so lucky to have won! 

There is no worse feeling then not wanting to get out of bed in the morning. I was tired of waking up everyday, crying about my image, looking in the mirror and criticizing every little thing about my body. I never had anything positive to say about myself. I was eating everything, being lazy and saying, "I'll start tomorrow....it's a new day." Then it was, HELLO BIKINI CHALLENGE 
I made sure that everyone around me knew I was making a lifestyle change. I wanted as much support as I could get. It's been a bumpy road mentally. Without you wonderful coaches and this amazing team, I don't think I would've been able to get where I am right now. I have unfortunately, lost contact with some 'friends' who were not being so positive or supportive of my goals. It was tough, but I want to be happy, and that means having only "happy peppy people" (I Love Lucy) around me and in my life. 
Being "skinny" is no longer the ideal for me. I am currently down 19 lbs (April 1st I was still at 172lbs). I have set a goal weight for myself of 135 lbs and have along the way made smaller goals to work towards. By starting with 5 lbs, then 10 lbs, and so on, then rewarding myself for meeting those, has helped me get closer to my overall goal everyday. However, if I am toned and fit before I get to that, then I feel I have accomplished my real overall goal. I have become addicted to preparing for my week to eat lean, clean and green; completing BC's; checking in on Facebook, Twitter and I'm about to move and be a part of a Denver TIU group. I love being supportive of my other TIU sisters. It's about being a fit, healthy, happy and strong woman. You ladies have helped me see what is most important when it comes to my ideal body image. 
The most rewarding is coming home to an inbox full of messages from people thanking me for being such an inspiration. They love how I share your workouts and I update my statuses about what I'm eating, and I cannot believe all of the compliments I've gotten on my recent pictures I've shared. I have cried at every single one of my emails. Many have asked what I have been doing and how they can be a part of it. I have recently started getting a few updated emails from friends on how they have already began a journey with Tone It Up. A few contact me regularly now for some motivation, or just to simply tell me about how their day went or about the pounds or inches they have lost. It feels wonderful. 

I love sharing with everyone about the Tone It Up team. Thank you, Karena and Katrina. I love being a part of this family and will continue to be. I absolutely wouldn't change a thing because my life is only getting better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment