Thursday, November 1, 2012

And I'm Finally Here

After all the talk about moving to Colorado, I have finally made it! I feel like it was just 6 months ago that it was still just kind of up in the air. I couldn't be any more happier right now. Finally, every thing is falling into place. The weather here is amazing and there are so many outdoor activities I'm itching to try. For when it gets cool, there is also plenty to do inside as well. I want to explore everything...just can't wait to do it all!

Since my California trip mid August, I flew out to Colorado to find my new place, went back to Kentucky, packed, and moved out of our last apartment. For two weeks, my boyfriend and I lived with his parents til we were able to move out here and into our next place. Over that time of being busy and living "at home", my daily routine was no longer a routine. Workouts weren't as hard core as they had been and my eating was some good home cooking. Putting back on a few of those unwanted pounds that I had just worked so hard at losing put me down a bit. It also hasn't helped that the job I hoped for upon moving, didn't work out. Still in search, but trying not to let that stress me out even more.

My biggest struggle being in Colorado so far has been the altitude adjustment. If you have never been, we are called the "mile high" city for a reason. Our place sits about 6000 feet above sea level, which means less oxygen. It's also a desert like climate, therefore, it's beyond dry. No humidity. This just means more lotion, more conditioner, a ton more water than I had already been guzzling, and cardio becomes extremely tough. Not being used to it, I can run five minutes and feel like passing out. We're slowly getting used to that. Just feels like I am starting my runs all over again. We have a gym here in our complex that is 24 hours. Chris and I have been hitting it hard every morning for our #BCWO for the past two weeks that we've been here. This week, I decided to jump on the #7DSD to help get rid of those last few pounds. I'm just about back to where I was. 

We all get there. Just when things feel like their perfect, we hit a bump in the road. It just tests us to see how strong we really are. And you are STRONG! With the right people in your life, you will get through it. I know that with the support of my family, friends, my boyfriend, and of course my Tone It Up trainers and team, I can do anything. You all have been so wonderful and supportive! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment