Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Let It Snow

Woke up this morning to a beautiful snow fall. Cannot wait to get up in the mountains to go snowboarding. Even rented a book from the library called "Colorado's Quiet Winter Trails" by Dave Muller. A lot of hiking trails for those snowy days. Definitely looking forward to trying some of those out! For now, I'll just enjoy taking my puppy out to a little mound of snow in the grass and rolling down the hill with him. 

Only a few inches today, but expecting more Christmas Eve or Christmas Day. I've only woken up on to snow on Christmas once in my life. I will never forget building a snowman on our back deck with my dad and sister. I have absolutely no idea how I used to stay outside and play for so long in the snow. These days, I go outside for ten minutes and I am ready to get back in the heat. Poor Kappa had snow packed in his little paws, he started hobbling. Guess that meant it was time to go in.

To much of nothing going on these days. Right now, just trying to enjoy the holidays. After seven Christmas' together with Chris, this will be our first actual Christmas Day together, since one of us has always worked! Looking forward to relaxing, watching Christmas movies, and cooking a big dinner with him. Maybe play in the snow, if we get some more. This will be the sixth Christmas that I haven't been home. Starting to get used to it, but still always difficult. I try not to get to upset over it, seeing how there are others out there that don't have families to go home to. Plus, I am a little older now and it's time to start my own traditions. Do you have any Christmas traditions? Still need to go shopping for our Christmas dinner! What are you making to keep your dinner clean but still super yummy? I need ideas, people!

Well, I hope you all are having a wonderful day and an amazing week! I know it's a busy time of year for everyone. Enjoy every moment of it with your friends and family and all your loved ones! XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment